Sunday, July 19, 2009

What You Don't Know...


It's terrible what life does to us when we think we're on top of things. We go on day to day, walking through our own private hallways, opening the doors we're familiar with, but never stopping to find out what's behind the other ones.

Just when I had figured out who's who in the blogosphere, I find out that, along with my daughters, my son Jay has a pretty cool website, Buzzpath. Actually, I knew he worked designing websites, but just never made the obvious conclusion. Either that, or I'm suffering from CRS disease (if you don't know what CRS stands for, I'll just say it's a synonym for geriatric amnesia).

I've added one of Jay's gadgets (now I know where those things come from) and hope I'm smart enough to solve the puzzles it poses. If my blogging skills and my memory are any indicator, I may be able to find the answers... given enough time, that is.

I'm actually accepting the effects of advancing age. I saved $4.00 the other day by ordering off the Senior Menu (see how close the words senior and senile are in the dictionary). And I've graduated to those "Silver" vitamins, along with Flomax and Avodart. I wonder every day what surprises my body and mind have in store for me. I was informed that this coming week, I'll be in charge at the office. "Well," I thought to myself, "I hope my bad knee holds out for just one more week!"

But I've come to know that, whatever the malady, there's some pill or contraption out there that will help me get by. My chief anxiety, in fact, stems from the fear of losing all those chemicals and devices that get me through the day. Still, I'm happy, especially with smart kids to brag about. Kids who write, invent and amaze with the strength of their spirits. Maybe I discovered Buzzpath at exactly the time I needed it... because life is good, but it's better with gadgets.

2 comments:

Fiauna said...

"Life is good, but it's better with gadgets." I love it. I need Jay's new gadget too. Ooh, that didn't sound right. Ha ha ha.

Jay Allen said...

Thanks for the great compliment and plug for the site. Jeannie plans on starting a real family oriented blog for us in the next couple of weeks.